THE JEWEL OF
View our Stunning Chalets
Wolwekrans is built on the lowest possible carbon footprint. All electricity is supplied with solar and gas in every chalet.Click Here.
Breath Taking Private Views
Pictures will not be able to explain the view you will have when you book your stay with us. We can guarantee you it will take your breath away.Click Here.
On-Site Outdoor Activities
We offer a range of adventure and outdoor activities on and off site. Hiking,Stargazing,Fishing,Hammocks and much moreClick Here.
WOLWEKRANS ECO LODGE
Eco Luxury Self-Catering Chalets & Natural Bavaria
- Wolwekrans also known as the Jewel of Mpumalanga is situated in the majestic Schoemanskloof escarpment, with breathtaking 240 degree panoramic views of the Lowveld valley and the Drakens mountains.
- Wolwekrans is situated on a stunning 120 hectare guest farm.
- Absolutely perfect for romantic and family getaways.
- Every Chalet has its own private boma, deck,fully equipped kitchen and braai facilities.Best of all each chalet is 100% eco-friendly with electricity being supplied via solar and gas.
- We have the following unfenced wild game on Wolwekrans – Koedoe, Rietbuck, Duiker, Bushbuck, Klipspringer,Bushpigs,Warthog,Jackal,Baboons and some local Leopards.
- There is a reason why we have been voted one of the best eco self-catering lodges in Schoemanskloof, Mpumalanga.
- Our promise to you is, that you will leave Wolwekrans with a heavy heart after staying with us. Experience eco luxury self catering accommodation with a blend of untouched nature.
- We are Proudly part of the Schoemanskloof Tourism & Accommodation Consortium.
- We are Tripadvisor Recommended as one of the Premier Self Catering Lodges and Accommodation Establishments in Mpumalanga for a reason.
- Need some more convincing? View more photos and see more information regarding our luxury self catering chalets
- Your rate race ends here...
Book the Whole Weekend
Exclusive Bushveld Breakaway
- Treat yourself and the family - 6 Sleeper Chalets
What makes us different from the usual?
Leading Self Catering Lodge in Mpumalanga,SchoemanskloofWhen it comes to exclusivity mixed with total tranquility,Wolwekrans has set the benchmark for self catering accommodation in Mpumalanga. For the month of December and January
Simply share this page and WIN an all expenses FREE weekend breakaway with us.
What to Expect at Wolwekrans
Award Winning Eco Self Catering Lodge in Mpumalanga
Inspired by the beauty of Schoemanskloof.
- Wolwekrans was born from an idea to create an upmarket self-catering lodge that will create lasting memories between families and life partners.
- Situated in the protected Schoemanskloof Bavaria,our vision of Wolwekrans was to create a mountain lodge setting where families can bond and laugh over late night boma braai’s, while dad can unwind from the rat race and mom can enjoy her glass of wine over the most breathtaking views in South Africa.
- This natural approach has made Wolwekrans Lodge one of the most exclusive self-catering lodges in Mpumalanga, South Africa. We are proud to say that the lodge is completely eco-friendly, where electricity is supplied by solar, gas and battery power. Every aspect is built around keeping a low carbon footprint.
- Past visitors refer to us as "The benchmark of Mpumalanga Luxury Breakaway Accommodation."
- Dad,Your "rat race" ends here!
WHY STAY WITH US
- We are a mere 2 and half hours away from Johannesburg / Gauteng and only 30 minutes away from Nelspruit. The close locality has made Wolwekrans a favorite destination due similar standard lodges are almost a 150km further on.
- Our main entrance is right next to the N4 which makes getting around super easy. Our 3km gravel road is in a fair condition, and our aim is to only make high range 2x4 or SUV vehicles accessible to Wolwekrans. The road is kept rugged for a reason, to ensure total exclusivity to the eco lodge.If you do need to be shuttled to the lodge - please speak to your booking agent.Each cottage is built around extreme privacy and exclusiveness.
- Break away from the the ordinary and experience a mountain eco lodge like
HISTORY OF WOLWEKRANS
- Wolwekrans started as an idea when 16 year old Louis Schoeman told his father - " Dad,we need to create an exclusive lodge on our farm, we have everything here. Flora,views,wildlife and pure spring water"
- This idea got realised 15 years later when ground work for the eco lodge was laid under the watchful eyes of the locals e.g Kudus,Duiker,Baboons and more.
- Wolwekrans farm has been in the Schoemans family for more than 20 years and we would like to share this amazing piece of earth with every visitor at Wolwekrans.
- Become part of the Wolwekrans family and see why we rated so highly on Tripadvisor for superior self catering chalets.
- Read more about the Schoemanskloof area.where we are situated
- Experience self catering luxury lodging like never before.
BEST TIME TO VISIT
- Wolwekrans is an all year round fantastic destination with the best of both worlds.
- Winters are cosy around 3 - 8 degrees Celsius making it perfect for family bonding around your private boma or indoor fireplace.
- Spring and Summer is all about the natural beauty of the environment when the thousands of wild proteas starts blossoming. It a sight close to the wonders of the Namaqualand flower blossoming.
- Summer and Spring gets very hot during the day which makes it perfect for a cold refreshing dip in the crocodile river or nearby natural spring – Psst : no Crocs or Hippos around the dipping areas for around 20 km.
- We can't wait to welcome you at our self catering lodge...
- Coming Soon : Private Pools at every Chalet.
ATTRACTIONS AROUND WOLWEKRANS
- Fancy a round of golf or Big Screen TV– Drakenzicht Golf Course and Bar is a mere 10km away from Wolwekrans Eco Lodge.
- Restaurants are situated a mere 3km from Wolwekrans.
- Horse riding Facilities is a mere 10 min away from Wolwekrans.
- Quad Biking Tours - 10 min away from Wolwekrans.
- Visit the world renowned Sudwala Caves which is only 15 min away.
- MTB Enthusiast can visit the national MTB course at Mankele.
- Crocodile Farm - Open to the public.