Bird Watching Paradise
- Wolwekrans is a perfect destination for any bird lover. The creek is full of eagles, falcons and smaller exotic birds.
- You even have the opportunity for self-guided walks all around the farm.
- So bring your binoculars and camera and experience the untouched bird life on Wolwekrans Eco Lodge.
Wild Game on Wolwekrans
Stunning Hiking Trails
- We are well known for our hiking trails. Whether you are an experienced hiker or new to hiking we have hiking trails for everyone.
- Fancy a hike to the nearby waterfall? Perfect for family strolls and dad to explain to the family the importance of conservation along the route.
- Every Saturday you get to tame the beast - a 3km, 70 degrees gradient hike to the top of the Schoemans mountains.
- The view cannot be described when reaching this breathtaking summit.
- Break out of the ordinary and come experience the outdoors like never before
- Get a new appreciation for the stars when visiting Wolwekrans Eco Lodge.
- Simply lay in your hammock and observe the Almighty's work.
- Bring your telescope for a closer look at the Creation
MTB Rugged Cycling
- Take on the rugged path on Wolwekrans. Perfect for intermediate riders to more advanced riders.
- Wolwekrans is MTB friendly with beautiful paths on a servitude road.Our proposed route for a day outing is from Wolwekrans to Sudwala caves which is a 30 km stretch.
- Enjoy a beer after reaching Sudwala Caves and then start making your way back home to Wolwekrans.
- You will be riding among the most beautiful mountains and forests deep inside Schoemanskloof.
Fresh Water Fishing
- This is the perfect setting for dad to show his son how to fish.
- Wolwekrans has a designated spot on the Crocodile river for guests to try their luck at fishing.
- The Crocodile river is full of Yellowfish, Catfish and Kurpur.
- Mom can rest assured that there is no crocs or hippos at our fishing spot for 30km.
- So pack your fishing rods and enjoy a morning or late afternoon next to the majestic Crocodile river.
- We do permit Can Am's and Rhinos on the Wolwekrans terrain.
- The speed limit is 20km/h for the simple reason not to disturb the game.
- Why not take the MTB route and work in a cultural experience at Sudwala Caves. Personally recommended by the owners of Wolwekrans
- Eco Exploring paradise like never before.
More things to do in the area:
- Experience the beauty of Schoemanskloof by Quad Biking.
- This is an activity not to be missed while visiting Wolwekrans.
- Call: Johan Coetzee by 082 293 7009 direct
- It is a fantastic outing for the whole family
Sudwala Caves Tours
- Visit the world-renowned Sudwala Caves only 20 km from Wolwekrans
- Professional Guided tours through the caves from only R90 per person
- Call the Sudwala Caves Office at Tel: 083 446 0228/ 0792051688
Fish Spa at Sudwala Caves
- This is a spa experience like non-other.
- The fish are famed for their habit of gently nibbling away at and consuming dead skin.
- Perfect for dad to pamper mom and the kids enjoying the history with a guided tour of the caves.
- Stunning restaurant and ship on site as well.
- Call : 079 205 1688
Drakenzicht Golf Club and Pub - Schoemanskloof
- The best place for dad to unwind. Play among the most beautiful mountains in South Africa a 9 hole round of golf.
- Rent your golf clubs and golf carts on site.
- Drakenzicht offers an amazing setting for pub lunches and has a huge Big Screen TV to catch all your international sport.
- Call Marcelle on Tel : 083 708 1994
Mankele MTB Trails and Paintball
- Mankele is probably the most famous MTB course in South Africa
- It is a recommended excursion when visiting Wolwekrans even if you are not a fan of mountain biking.
- Enjoy river rafting, tubing or paintball. Its fun for the whole family.
- Call Christelle on Tel : 078 801 0453
Croc Grove Crocodile Farm
- Only 7 km from Wolwekrans
- Experience the absolute beauty of this majestic reptile up close and personal.
- Open from 9am - 4 pm
- A must visit excursion in Schoemanskloof.
- Call 072 658 7395 for more details.