THE HIDDEN JEWEL OF
View our Stunning Chalets
Wolwekrans is built on the lowest possible carbon footprint. All electricity is supplied with solar and gas in every chalet.Click Here.
Breath Taking Private Views
Pictures will not be able to explain the view you will have when you book your stay with us. We can guarantee you it will take your breath away.Click Here
On-Site Outdoor Activities
We offer a range of adventure and outdoor activities on and off site. Hiking,Stargazing,Fishing,Hammocks and much moreClick Here.
WOLWEKRANS ECO LODGE,MPUMALANGA
Eco Self-Catering Chalets & Natural Bavaria
- Wolwekrans Lodge also known as the Jewel of Mpumalanga is situated in the majestic Schoemanskloof escarpment, with breathtaking 240 degree panoramic views of the Lowveld valley and the Drakens mountains.
- Wolwekrans is situated on a stunning 120 hectare mountainous farm.
- Absolutely perfect for romantic and family getaways in Mpumalanga.
- Every Chalet has its own private boma, deck,fully equipped kitchen and braai facilities.Best of all each chalet is 100% eco-friendly with electricity being supplied via solar and gas.
- We have the following unfenced wild game on Wolwekrans – Koedoe, Rietbuck, Duiker,Nyala Bushbuck, Klipspringer,Bushpigs,Warthog,Jackal,Baboons and some local Leopards.
- There is a reason why we have been voted one of the best eco self-catering lodges in Schoemanskloof, Mpumalanga.
- Our promise to you is, that you will leave Wolwekrans with a heavy heart after staying with us. Experience eco self catering accommodation with a blend of untouched nature.
- We are Proudly part of the Schoemanskloof Tourism & Accommodation Consortium.
- We are Tripadvisor Recommended as one of the Premier Self Catering Lodges and Accommodation Establishments in Mpumalanga for a reason.
- Need some more convincing? View more photos and see more information regarding our self catering chalets
- Your rate race ends here... Book the best weekend getaway in Mpumalanga
Book the Whole Weekend
Exclusive Bushveld Breakaway
- Treat yourself and the family - 6 Sleeper Chalets
What makes us different from the usual?
Leading Self Catering Lodge in Mpumalanga,SchoemanskloofWhen it comes to exclusivity mixed with total tranquility,Wolwekrans has set the benchmark for self catering accommodation in Mpumalanga.
Simply share this page and WIN an all expenses FREE weekend break away with us.
What to Expect at Wolwekrans
Award Winning Eco Self Catering Lodge in Mpumalanga
WHY STAY WITH US
- We are a mere 2 and half hours away from Johannesburg / Gauteng and only 30 minutes away from Nelspruit. The close locality has made Wolwekrans a favourite destination due similar standard lodges are almost a 150km further on.
- Our main entrance is right next to the N4 which makes getting around super easy. Our 3km gravel road is in a fair condition, and our aim is to only make high range 2x4 or SUV vehicles accessible to Wolwekrans. The road is kept rugged for a reason, to ensure total exclusivity to the eco-lodge.If you do need to be shuttled to the lodge - please speak to your booking agent.Each chalet is built on extreme privacy and exclusiveness.Classic Romantic breakaway in Mpumalanga
- Break away from the ordinary and experience this amazing Mpumalanga lodge.
HISTORY OF WOLWEKRANS
- Wolwekrans started as an idea when 16 year old Louis Schoeman told his father - " Dad,we need to create an exclusive lodge on our farm, we have everything here. Flora,views,wildlife and pure spring water"
- This idea got realised 15 years later when ground work for the eco lodge was laid under the watchful eyes of the locals e.g Kudus,Duiker,Baboons and more.
- Wolwekrans farm has been in the Schoemans family for more than 20 years and we would like to share this amazing piece of earth with every visitor at Wolwekrans.
- Become part of the Wolwekrans family and see why we rated so highly on Tripadvisor for superior self catering chalets.
- Read more about the Schoemanskloof area.where we are situated
- Experience self catering luxury lodging like never before.
BEST TIME TO VISIT
- Wolwekrans is an all year round fantastic destination with the best of both worlds.If you are looking for a perfect destination to break away in Mpumalanga - Wolwekrans Lodge must be on your list.
- Winters are cosy around 3 - 8 degrees Celsius making it perfect for family bonding around your private boma or indoor fireplace.
- Spring and Summer is all about the natural beauty of the environment when the thousands of wild proteas start blossoming. It a sight close to the wonders of the Namaqualand flower blossoming.
- Summer and Spring gets very hot during the day which makes it perfect for a cold refreshing dip in the crocodile river or nearby natural spring – Psst: no Crocs or Hippos around the dipping areas for around 20 km.
- We can't wait to welcome you at our self-catering lodge...
- Still thinking: Where to Stay in Mpumalanga for an eco-lodge breakaway? - Book Online Now
ATTRACTIONS AROUND WOLWEKRANS
- Fancy a round of golf or Big Screen TV– Drakenzicht Golf Course and Bar is a mere 10km away from Wolwekrans Eco Lodge.
- Restaurants are situated a mere 3km from Wolwekrans.
- Horse riding Facilities is a mere 10 min away from Wolwekrans.
- Quad Biking Tours - 10 min away from Wolwekrans.
- Visit the world renowned Sudwala Caves which is only 15 min away.
- MTB Enthusiast can visit the national MTB course at Mankele.
- Crocodile Farm - Open to the public.
Activities and Things to Do At Wolwekrans Lodge,Mpumalanga
Star GazingWhen was the last time you lay back and gazed at the heavens? Life gets so busy that we quickly forget about the stars above us that provide a show of their own each night. We also tend to live in areas where star gazing is near impossible due to light pollution. At Wolwekrans, we have the clearest skies in the area, with the height of our lodge giving our guests a great vantage point. Up at our lodge, there is no light pollution to disrupt your star gazing.
HikingSeemingly endless, unspoiled landscapes make for fantastic opportunities to go hiking. We have a number of hiking trails for you to enjoy and most of them are quite easy to tackle, so don’t worry too much about your fitness. Wolwekrans is home to plenty of wildlife, some of which might cross your path while hiking. We ask that you are always respectful of the nature around you. Other activities that you can enjoy in the area include fly fishing in places along the Highland Meander, as well as golf. Schoemanskloof is home to the only mountain golf course in the country.
Looking for an affordable holiday of a different kind? Stay in mountain chalets with only stunning views and silence. Book your weekend getaway with Wolwekrans via our website or you can give us a call. Be sure to like our Facebook page to find out more about our holiday specials.#schoemanskloof